Welcome to the X-Blade press kit page!
Feel free to use the content below without permission if you want to mention X-Blade! Just let me know you’re posting something on X-Blade. If you need any additional information posted to this page or would like anything provided in a different format, let us know and we’ll make it available.
- Developer: dreamyRobot; indie developer based in France
- Release Date: September, 2020
- Platforms: Android (Google Play link)
- Website: dreamyrobot.com
- Price: free
- Availability: Digital Download
- Languages: English
- ESRB: E for everyone, PEGI 3, ACB G, ClassInd L, GRAC ALL, USK 6, IARC 3
- File Size: ~53MB
- Social: Twitter, Instagram
X-Blade: a space shooter is a 2D space combat game. It’s a side scroller game, made in flat design with parallax effects.
You fly the X-Blade and have to cross enemy lines to destroy the opposing base.
- Go through the 50 levels of the game.
- Face many enemies: guns, tanks, starships, rockets, homing missiles, pixel invaders, spiders…
- Discover unknown worlds: Ice planet, Volcanoes, Islands, and more.
- Face difficult weather conditions: rain, snow, darkness…
- Collect diamonds and stars to get bonus and boost your score.
- Share you score with your friends, and be the best in the ranking!
- Get rewards for your loyalty.
- Preserve populations and avoid losing points for collateral damage.
- Take advantage of the shop to acquire additional lives, shields or gain in invincibility.
X-Blade defines a new style of arcade game and shoot’em up. It is free to start, with in-app purchases available. No internet connectivity is required to play, but it is recommended.
The developer of X-Blade is dreamyRobot. Here’s his avatar:
He’s a solo and indie game developper.
One night, after a chat between friends, he wondered if he could make a video game. He knew how to program, and decided to develop a first game with Unity3D. That chat was the origin of X-Blade. That short story shows that we can constantly improve our skills and get our projects done.
He desire to create fun and challenging gameplay. Because he wanted the best for this project, he put all his passion into it. He also need to do it entirely by himself: design, programming, sound effects and music. So he worked with his knowledges and skills to create a simple but elegant, addictive and fun game, with the same spirit as when he played video games in his youth.
The game is published on Google Play on september, 2020.
Testimonials from Google play reviews:
This is about the most chill and visually appealing thing I can imagine that includes explosions happening all over the place.
Smooth and fun gameplay, simple graphics with bright colors, energizing music, continuous explosions… All this is emotion! A game that always keeps you focused so as not to fail.
Cool sound, awesome graphics, amazing gameplay, all set in a beautiful, dreamy world. I love it!
You shoot the stuff, it blows up and then you win! The game is polished, the graphics is crisp and I really like the ability to drop bombs!
Amazing dynamics, super fluid and fun! loved it!